- This website is designed for general consumer and patient educational and information purposes only and does not render medical advice or professional services, unless we otherwise indicate. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional health care, and is designed to support – not replace – the relationship you have with your health care provider. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider.
- If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency medical services immediately. If you are seeking a referral or consultation with a medical expert, please contact CONNECTEDHEALTH Consumer Referral Service, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 724-933-4300.
- CONNECTEDHEALTH disclaims any liability whatsoever for any documentation, information, programs, software, or other material that is or may become a part of the website. CONNECTEDHEALTH does not warrant or guarantee that the information will not be offensive to any user and/or may not meet your needs and requirements.
- Our website may include links to third party Web service providers. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement of the content on such sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites.
- CONNECTEDHEALTH adheres to the principles of the Health on the Net Foundation and we aim to follow these principles in the preparation of material we have placed on our site.
Website Privacy Statement
- Modern information and communication technologies play a fundamental role in the activities of an organization like CONNECTEDHEALTH. We are based in the United States of America. Our principal activity is the delivery of health care services.
- Our Privacy Statement covers the CONNECTEDHEALTH, its subsidiaries and any of its websites accessible via the primary websites listed below:
- You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
- We collect the personal information that you may volunteer while using our services.
- We do not collect information about our visitors from sources outside of CONNECTEDHEALTH, such as public records or bodies, or private organizations.
- We do not collect or use personal data for any purpose other than that indicated on the Web pages where the information is requested or collected.
- If we wish to use your personal information for a new purpose, we offer you the means to consent to this new purpose by indicating in a box at the point on the site where personal data is collected.
- Except as requested by you or indicated on the Web page where your information is requested, we do not disclose your personal information to other organizations.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that the CONNECTEDHEALTH website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
CONNECTEDHEALTH is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as applicable regulations, standards, and guidelines established by government agencies and accepted accrediting organizations.
We will provide a secure transmission method for you to send us personal information, including:
- Primary personal information (such as name and contact details)
- Identifiers (such as social security numbers, credit card details, website password)
- Specific personal information (such as survey information, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, medical information)
While such secure transmission methods provide reasonable protections against unauthorized access, if you have concerns regarding the transmission of sensitive information (such as medical information), you should consider using non-electronic communication methods.
We have implemented security policies, rules, and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorized access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorized modification
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal information are obliged to respect confidentiality of our visitors’ personal information.
CONNECTEDHEALTH’s goal is to provide high quality health information through the content on its websites. Every effort has been made to provide accurate, timely, and comprehensive information that will be useful to its readers.
We define content as all material (text, images, graphics, tables, audio, and visual) and menu icons, bars, listings, indices, as well as functions that support content such as links, navigation, searches, and calculations.
CONNECTEDHEALTH uses original, stock, and purchased photography on the website. The individuals portrayed in the images are models and are not intended to imply endorsement or any association with any illness or condition.
The information provided on this website was authored by, or has been reviewed and approved by, health care professionals at CONNECTEDHEALTH.
We follow a standard set of editorial procedures for information that we post on our websites. However, we don’t offer you any warranty or guarantee related to our sites; we specifically disclaim any warranties, expressed or implied. It is the responsibility of visitors to our site to evaluate the information we provide and determine its relevancy and usefulness to them.
We welcome your feedback about the content provided on the CONNECTEDHEALTH website. However, we must make the final decisions about the information that is posted on our site to ensure that it meets the needs of all of our users.
Please contact us at 724-933-4300 with any comments or concerns regarding the content on our website.
Restrictions On Use
We may change these terms from time to time. You may view the most current version through the link that appears on the bottom of all pages on our website.
CONNECTEDHEALTH owns the information on this website. The entire contents and design of this site are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. You may look at our website online, download information to your computer to read later, or print copies of pages for yourself, your family, or your friends. However, you must not remove any copyright notices from our materials. We reserve all other rights, which means that you must not sell our information, rewrite or modify it, redistribute it, use it on your own website, or use it for any other commercial purpose without our prior written permission.
We usually permit other organizations to provide a simple link from their site to ours. However, you must first ask our permission if you intend to frame our site or incorporate pieces of it into a different site or product in a way that could confuse our users. To request permission, please e-mail the webmaster (email@example.com)
CONNECTEDHEALTH controls our websites from our offices in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. By accessing our websites, regardless of where you are located, you agree that the statutes and laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will apply to all matters regarding the use of our websites.
By accessing our website, you agree with these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions when necessary, and your continuing use of our website constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to any changes.
Retargeting and Remarketing
As you browse CONNECTEDHEALTH.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our advertising partner then enables us to present you with advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with CONNECTEDHEALTH.com. Data collected by CONNECTEDHEALTH for advertising purposes is completely anonymous, and only includes information such as the IP address, date and time of visit, domain type, and your activity on our website. None of this information, individually or grouped together, can be traced back to you.
Not a Substitute For Medical Advice
The contents of the CONNECTEDHEALTH website, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from CONNECTEDHEALTH’s licensors, and other material contained on the CONNECTEDHEALTH.COM and CONNECTEDHEALTH.EDU websites (“Content”) are for informational purposes only and does not render medical advice or professional services. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, you should consult your health care provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on CONNECTEDHEALTH’s website.
CONNECTEDHEALTH disclaims any liability whatsoever for any documentation, information, programs, software, or other material which is or may become a part of the website. CONNECTEDHEALTH does not warrant or guarantee that the information will not be offensive to any user. User is hereby put on notice that by accessing and using the website, user assumes the risk that the information and documentation contained in the website may be offensive and/or may not meet the needs and requirements of the user.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency medical services immediately. If you are seeking a referral or consultation with a medical expert, please contact CONNECTEDHEALTH Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 724-933-4300.
CONNECTEDHEALTH will use reasonable means to protect the privacy of your health information sent by email. However, because of the risks outlined below, CONNECTEDHEALTH cannot guarantee that email communications will be confidential. Additionally, CONNECTEDHEALTH will not be liable in the event that you or anyone else inappropriately uses your email. CONNECTEDHEALTH will not be liable for improper disclosure of your health information that is not caused by CONNECTEDHEALTH’s intentional misconduct.
Email Risks And Your Responsibility
At the discretion of the CONNECTEDHEALTH, its staff, physicians and agents (CONNECTEDHEALTH) and upon your agreement to the terms outlined within this consent form, you may use email to communicate with CONNECTEDHEALTH. These emails may contain your personal health information. If you decide to use e-mail to communicate with CONNECTEDHEALTH, you should be aware of the following risks and/or your responsibilities:
- As the Internet is not secure or private, unauthorized people may be able to intercept, read and possibly modify email you send or are sent by CONNECTEDHEALTH.
- You must protect your email account, password and computer against access by unauthorized people.
- Since email can be used to spread viruses, some which cause email messages to be sent to people who you do not intend to send email messages to, you should install and maintain virus protection software on your PC.
- Since emails can be copied, printed and forwarded by people to whom you send emails, you should be careful regarding whom you send emails.
- As your employer may claim ownership of, or the right to access, the email account issued to you by your e-mail, you should avoid using an employer issued email account to communicate with CONNECTEDHEALTH.
- If you do provide an employer-issued email account to communicate with CONNECTEDHEALTH, you understand and agree that your employer may have the right to access to all email sent by CONNECTEDHEALTH to the account, and you provide permission to CONNECTEDHEALTH to send email, including billing statement availability emails, to the account, unless and until you change the email address for CONNECTEDHEALTH communication with us.
- n order to protect your privacy, we recommend that you not choose to receive communications from CONNECTEDHEALTH using an email address that you share with another person. If you are concerned about the use of a shared email address, please contact us at 724-933-4300 to discuss
Conditions For The Use Of Email
By consenting to the use of email with CONNECTEDHEALTH, you agree that:
- CONNECTEDHEALTH may forward emails as appropriate for diagnosis, treatment, reimbursement, billing, and other related reasons. As such, CONNECTEDHEALTH staff members, other than the recipient, may have access to emails that you send. Such access will only be to such persons who have a right to access your email to provide services to you. Otherwise, CONNECTEDHEALTH will not, otherwise, forward e-mails to independent third parties without your prior written consent, except as authorized or required by law.
- Although CONNECTEDHEALTH will try to read and respond promptly to your emails, CONNECTEDHEALTH staff may not read your email immediately. Therefore, you should not use email to communicate with CONNECTEDHEALTH if there is an emergency or where you require an answer in a short period of time.
- If your email requires or asks for a response, and you have not received a response within a reasonable time period, it is your responsibility to follow up directly with CONNECTEDHEALTH.
- You should carefully consider the risk of using email for the communication of sensitive medical information, such as, but not limited to, information regarding sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS/HIV, mental health, developmental disability, or substance abuse.
- You should carefully word your email messages so the information provided clearly, yet briefly, describes the information you intend to convey. You are responsible for correcting any unclear or incorrect information.
- CONNECTEDHEALTH reserves the right to save your email and include your email or information contained within your email in your medical record.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to follow up and/or schedule an appointment if warranted or recommended by CONNECTEDHEALTH.
- Emails may not be the only form of communication that CONNECTEDHEALTH will use to communicate with you. Additionally, CONNECTEDHEALTH may decide that it is not in your best interest to continue to communicate with you by email. In such case, CONNECTEDHEALTH will notify that it no longer intends to communicate with you by email.
- If you provide an email address to CONNECTEDHEALTH for communication, CONNECTEDHEALTH may use that email address to notify you when a new billing statement is available.
- You shall immediately inform those individuals with whom you communicate with at CONNECTEDHEALTH of changes in your email address.
- You shall send emails only to such CONNECTEDHEALTH email addresses as instructed.
- You shall put your name and such other information as is necessary for CONNECTEDHEALTH to identify you in the body of the email.
- You shall include the category of the communications in the email’s subject line, for handling purposes (e.g. prescription, appointment, medical advice, billing question, etc.)
- Prior to sending the email, you shall review the email to make sure it is clear and that all relevant or requested information is provided.
- You consent to communicate by email by sending an email to all of the email addresses (mailboxes) that you had previously communicated to.